“Reunions Paideia” is a small pilot program this year to explore alumni and others offering short-form classes in the spaces between the two “alumni college” offerings. Interested alumni who would like to offer or facilitate a 60-120 minute class are encouraged to do so. Full class descriptions are at http://reunions.reed.edu/schedule.html or as a PDF file.
If you’d like to lead a session, please fill out the online proposal form. As the (limited and finite schedule) fills, sessions shall be listed below.
Courses shall mostly take place at 9am, 10:30 am, 1pm and 3pm Wednesday through Saturday, with a computer lab, seminar room and other facilities available. For this year suggested topics include “healing from Reed,” “career planning” and “mid-life transition” but other topics are also welcome. All proposals are welcome but we hope to have a fairly small number of high-quality, clearly-directed sessions of interest.
Information shall also be published through official Alumni Office channels as reunions begin.
Tentative Schedule as of 30 May
This the second, tentative schedule, some of which is in keeping with themes of “healing from Reed,” “career planning” and “mid-life transition.”
Wednesday, 12 June 2013
- 1pm ETC 211 – New Job Skills: Linked In, Online Resumes, Blogs
- 3pm ETC 211 – Basic Blogging with WordPress.com
- 3pm Gray D – Post-Reed Drug Regulation
- 7pm Gym 1 – Juggling!
- 7pm Chapel – Reunions Paideia Welcome and Discussion
Thursday, 13 June 2013
- 9am Gray B – Motivation 101 for Parents
- 9am Gray C – Therapeutic Journal: Stepping Stones and Context
- 9am Gray D – Caloric Restriction for Health
- 10:30 am Gray C – Therapeutic Journal: Dialogue Explorations
- 10:30 am Gray D – Rewiring the Brain: Mental Illness Recovery
- 1pm Gray B – Career Speed Dating
- 3pm Gray C – Business Planning for Beginners
- 3pm Gray D – Biosimilars: Prospects to Lower Medicare Costs
Friday, 14 June 2013
- 9am Gray C – Therapeutic Journal: Period Exploration
- 10:30 Gray C – Therapeutic Journal: Revisitings
- 1pm Winch – “Death Cafe” Discussion
- 2pm Parker House – Reed Values in the Non-Reed World
- 2pm, Psych 103 – Reed Calligraphy Scriptorium
- 2:16 pm Gray BCD – Act II Career Panel and Networking
- 3pm Winch – Alumni Memorial Discussion
- 3pm Eliot 216 – Writing to Remember
Saturday, 15 June 2013
- 9am ETC 211 – Google Docs for Business Planning
- 1pm Eliot 216 – A Hard Place to Get Out Of: Healing Reed
- 1pm Chapel – When Type A’s Retire
Sunday, 16 June 2013
- 10am Chapel – Sunday Mourning and Remembrances
If you are attending an event at Parker House, please park in designated college parking lots and use the crosswalk at the intersection of SE Woodstock Boulevard and SE 28th Avenue. Parking is prohibited on the neighborhood streets of SE Woodstock Boulevard and SE Moreland Lane, which is for use by Moreland Lane residents only.